Date:      Sat, 7 Mar 1998 14:20:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        Robert Beer <r-beer@onu.edu>
Cc:        stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to setup NIS slave server?

Thanks to all who helped w/ my earlier quesiton. Got everything working
fine.

NIS is doing everything I want it to, except maintain multiple servers. I
can not find any documentation anywhere as to how one would designate
master/slave servers. ypserv has no such option.

rpc.yppasswdd and rpc.ypxfrd both complain that they do not know who the
server is, and I can't find any docs whatsoever.

This is particularly important because I have three different networks,
and I need at least one server per line for fault tolerance. NIS clients
do very nasty things when they can't talk to the server... It took me 14
minutes to become root when ypbind couldn't find ypserv.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin