Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 22:52:11 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Matt White <mwhite@cmu.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO Integration?

> Is there any work in progress to integrate the PAO variant of FreeBSD back
> into -current?  If so, who do I talk to about helping?  If not, is it
> because of philisophical or manpower issues?

Much of the PAO code is not suitable for inclusion; some parts however
are indeed desirable.  There is major work underway to improve our
infrastructure to better support removable devices of this kind.

There are both philosophical and manpower issues involved here; if
you're interested in helping you should start by talking to Garrett
Wollman (wollman@freebsd.org).

It's also important to note that the correct list for discussing
laptop-related issues is mobile@freebsd.org