Date:      Thu, 29 Dec 1994 10:36:19 +0059 (MET)
From:      Andreas Schulz <ats@g386bsd.first.gmd.de>
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: ifconfig -a?

> A friend just pointed out Sun's useful -a flag to ifconfig.  Anyone
> game to add this to FreeBSD?  Any objections?

No objections, i am missing it also a long time now :-). Only
interesting question, how close to which ifconfig version from
SUN should it be ? :-). Some give you back the ethernet adress
on the interface and some don't. I have not looked how easy it
is on FreeBSD to find out the own ethernet-adress. Some systems
have ioctl's for this and some systems you can't find it out easily.

	  ATS ( ats@first.gmd.de or ats@cs.tu-berlin.de )

Andreas Schulz  GMD-FIRST     12489  Berlin-Adlershof  Rudower Chaussee 5
Gebaeude 13.7   Tel: +49-30-6392-1856/+49-177-2134745    Germany/Europe