Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 01:55:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Boris =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ster?= <koester@x-itec.de>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: Is Sendmail secure?

Thanks,

> You can read about one of them at <URL:
> http://web.infoave.net/~dsill/qmail-challenge.html >. I agree about
> OpenBSD, but they're basically saying they haven't checked qmail, so
> wouldn't trust it. But the same is true of later versions of sendmail,
> or the version shipped with some other OS.

	Well I had thought it was because they looked at the code and
found it too buggy, but here's a good link to a message from Theo de Raadt
founder of the OpenBSD project.
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/256/1998/12/0/1388156/

	Most of the references that I found were somewhat in line with
that. They were against qmail and for sendmail mostly because of the
larger feature set that sendmail had and that it could handle more strange
cases.  That was from the advanced users that needed that.  Those opinions
were more saying, qmail could be fine for you, but I can't use it because
it doesn't do...
	I guess I just sent these for reference.  Much of what I found
also reiterated that it was the configuration that was more likely to
matter.
						Tim

	Here's another that I found too.

----