Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:55:44 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>
To:        Andreas Wideroe Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 failes with XFree86???

* Andreas Wideroe Andersen (awand@pragma.no) [020815 09:15]:
> Jens Rehsack wrote:
>
> > It seems you compiled php using GD2, which has support for XPM.
> > If you specify WITHOUT_XPM and WITHOUT_X11, gd2 will not require
> > X11.
> >
> > If you want reduce your downtime during upgrade ports, you should
> > 1) cvsup
> > 2) build wanted ports
> > 3) use portupgrade -w port(s)
> > 4) restart reinstalled app's
>
> Thanks for your replies! - Things compiling correctly and the site
> is now up again. Pheeew! :-)
>
> The weird thing was that the PHP config-box with all the options
> which always shows up didn't this time. Therefore I suspect it
> simply compiled it all or a default set of options.
>
> I've recently done some tidying on this server and I suspect I might
> have removed something I shouldn't. What is required for this config
> box to appear? I compared the pkg_list with another server that
> works fine and I have got all the same programs, though versions
> differs a bit.

/usr/ports/www/mod_php4/scripts/configure.php looks like your configuration
script for the options. Had you made clean before you cvsupped and tried to
rebuild? It may have kept the options you used previously.

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)