Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:09:37 +0100 (CET)
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   java lib

I was wondering...

Do you guys install third party java libs (such as NanoXML, JDOM,
Log4J...) in a system path common to all users (such as
/usr/local/.../java) or let users install their own libs and manage them
in their own home directory ? I was also thinking to have all libs and
java-related stuff (except the JVM itself) in the home directory of a
new user called 'java'.
For now I am the only user that uses java on my machine but as a system
admin I want to do it a "pure" and nice way so what sounds best for you ?

Note: if installing libs in a system path, maybe it would be nice to make
freebsd ports of the java libs to have them install a clean way...

Herve