Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 95 13:38:28 +0200
From:      Lars Gerhard Kuehl <lars@elbe.desy.de>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Calling all hackers - it's time to unite!

> I knew that subject line would get your attention.. :-)

Indeed, that's true.
And I agree it's time to reorganize FreeBSD communication.
A lot of problems need not to be mailed around the world,
user groups are a better agent for user and hacker education.
(I'm somewhat tired to read questions like "Is FreeBSD demand paging ?")
Besides that discussing a serious programming problem is rather
difficult via mailing lists, usually the work needs to be
almost complete for terse, pertinent questions.
Furthermore mails could be locally collected and be sent to
the members of the user group. That may probably considerably
reduce mail load of freebsd.org.

For that reason:
If you live somewhere in northern germany, close enough to Hamburg
and you are interested in a FreeBSD user group please send mail to
lars@elbe.desy.de	/* Please without cc to hackers@freebsd.org
			 * I don't want to get the mail twice.
			 */
subject: FreeBSD user group Hamburg