Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 2000 00:22:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Small, but frustrating." <kunze@CS.ColoState.EDU>
To:        Alan Larson <larson@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lucent Wavelan...

the 'turbo' cards are often refered to in lucent literature as having
~10 mbps capability (mostly from the marketing guys) but i've never
seen them go above 6 mbps or so in real life. however, these cards are
not to be confused with the newer 11 mbps, which actually live up to
their speed claims. as far as i know, the 'turbo' cards have been
discontinued and they are only selling the 11 mb ones, though i don't
know what the freebsd support is like for the new cards

[this space irrationally left blank]

matt kunze