Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:06:21 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IP vs CNAME

We are a relatively small ISP looking to grow. We're now starting to do
virtualhosting for people, and thus far I've been setting up
virtualhosts using cnames. The thing is, we've currently three almost
entirely free class C banks of IP addresses, and I was wondering if it
would be better to use IP based virtualhosting, or stick with our
current scheme of using cnames to one host?
	Could anyone explain the performance differences if any involved in
using IP vs CNAME virtualhosts? Or does it matter at all? Pors/cons,
that kind of stuff please.

--
Nathan Vidican
webmaster@wmptl.com