Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 2010 16:18:56 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <gcooper@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julien Laffaye <jlaffaye@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 181154 for review

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Julien Laffaye <jlaffaye@freebsd.org> wrot=
e:
> http://p4web.freebsd.org/@@181154?ac=3D10
>
> Change 181154 by jlaffaye@jlaffaye-chulak on 2010/07/18 21:58:13
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Work In Progress!!
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0First step using libarchive(3) instead of tar(1).
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0The code needs to be more tested, especially with flags su=
ch as Fake.

> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0TODO:
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Download the file in pkg_do() if it is an url
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Read from stdin if the name is "-" in pkg_do()
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Re-implement cleanup()
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Find packages for dependencies in extract_package()
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Add complete package support in pkg_do()
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 - Slave/Master mode?! in pkg_do()

Wouldn't it make more sense for extract_package to be in libpkg,
because it's basically a utility function that would be used by
pkg_add and pkg_complete?

Also, Tim and I discussed initializing the decompressor only once
because it would greatly simplify the code in libpkg today, and would
eliminate wasted CPU cycles used when initializing the decompressor
each time a metadata file is extracted from the archive object.

Sorry to be a wanker on this too, but considering that all of the code
moved over from extract.c is basically `new code', could it be cleaned
up for style(9)?

Thanks,
-Garrett