Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:58:55 +0800
From:      "Andrew MacTaggart" <amactaggart@hkis.edu.hk>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nss_ldap and pam_ldap troubles

Thanks Jorge for the debug

read1msg:  V2 referral chased, mark request completed, id = 1
new result:  res_errno: 32, res_error: <NDS error: no such entry
(-601)>, res_matched: <>
read1msg:  0 new referrals
read1msg:  mark request completed, id = 1
request 1 done
res_errno: 32, res_error: <NDS error: no such entry (-601)>,
res_matched: <>
ldap_free_request (origid 1, msgid 1)

This is from a valid user in the local passwd file

valid users from NDS don't create log files.

I enabled the NDS attribute mapping for uniqueMember = member
but uniquemember is spelled without a cap earlier in the nss_ldap.conf -
so not sure if it should be changed

NDS uses member for uniquemember
NDS also uses cn for uid

Anyway I have the ldap working via apache with the mosquit module, so I
know it works, and from the server I can search for users using
ldapsearch.

It seems that the user needs to be in the passwd and then debug is
generated. Users that are not in passwd just get a prompt for password
and then disconnect after 3 attempts. no logs in the /var/log dir are
created unless user exists in passwd.

Any thoughts would be welcomed

TKS