Date:      Wed, 21 May 2008 19:47:11 -0400
From:      mike@sentex.net
To:        "Richard van Mansom" <richard@vanmansom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hifn 7955 doesn't work with Freebsd 7.0-release

>I tested with openvpn (the one release with pkg_add). I used the default
>cipher (I think this is BF-CBC - Blowfish 128 bit). The VPN works but I

Hi,
See the man page for supported ciphers. =20

>didn't notice any difference in performance (with or without the crypto
>card).=20
>I also tested the crypto card with AES128 but the performance only got =
worse
>(didn't have a baseline for that one)

=46or single crypto streams, you are not going to see any improvement
really.  Where it works, is when you have multiple connections.  e.g.
on our old backup server, we would have several dumps coming in over
ssh (3des) and the card made a significant reduction in CPU usage.  It
doesnt really improve single crypto streams performance wise.

You can also confirm its working by using hifnstats in
/usr/src/tools/tools/

	---Mike