Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 13:54:17 -0500
From:      matt <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   bind related freebsd-stable question.

Hi,

I'm running bind 8.2.2-p5 on a machine that has a large amount of IPs
bound to it. Instead of having bind listen on all interfaces, I set it
to listen to one ip via listen-to option.

When I did this, certain braindead things like IRCd stopped working, even
though I had /etc/resolv.conf set to the IP I was making bind listen on,
it seems that trying to do something like, dig @0.0.0.0 does not work
unless bind is listening on all interfaces. This is a problem I need to
get worked out. The machine is 3.4-STABLE, with about 200 IPs bound to it.

Any ideas? Also, I realize this post is somewhat off-topic, but I couldn't
think of anyone else to ask, allow me to apologize ahead of time for the
somewhat off-topic post. Thank you.

Matt Heckaman