Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:41:56 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <me@raiden.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with Epia 800 and Freebsd 5.3

Just installed 5.3 onto an Epia 800 just a few weeks back and aside from
the controlers being bloody picky as hell (got that fixed by using special
cables), the stupid lan card is now giving me fits just a day after I put
it into active service.  Here's the error I'm getting in my logs repeatedly.

 > vr0: rx packet lost
 > vr0: watchdog timeout

I rebooted it to clear the error and see if anything else showed up, and so
far no errors since reboot.  But I suspect that the errors will come back
in short order.  Anyone got any idea what's up with the box and what I
might do to fix this?  I checked the cable already like what was suggested
in another forum post on another site that I googled, but I can't find
anything else that stands out as being something that might be the cause of
this issue.  And yes, this board seems very picky under BSD, but it tested
fine when I loaded windowsxp onto it when I was first testing it.  Go
figure.  Any ideas?

Steven Lake
-Owner/Webmaster
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net

Come see "Monk" the comic strip and laugh till you die!  :)
http://www.raiden.net/Monk/