Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:58:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Claude Buisson <ubc@paris.framatome.fr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0-RELEASE and tcpdump

Hello,

The errata for 4.0-RELEASE on www.freebsd.org states that there has
been a linking problem with tcpdump, and:

"Therefore, if you only install the bin distribution without the crypto
distribution, tcpdump will not work as installed."
                               ^^^^

I just completed an install using the last incarnation of 4.0-RELEASE on
ftp.freebsd.org, and:

if I install the bin distribution without the crypto distribution there
is NO tcpdump binary and NO tcpdump man page.

So we need not only the tcpdump binary but also tcpdump.1.gz

Best regards,

Claude Buisson