Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 14:25:55 -0500
From:      "[ -dp- ]" <transmogrify@sympatico.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: backspace. . .

Yong Lim wrote:

> Hi,
>    I just installed FreeBSD 4R, Window Maker 6.11 and rxvt 2.72.  A curious
> problem occurs.  Running the default XTerm from inside WM my backspace works
> fine as delete for root and users.  Running rxvt as users backspace still
> works fine as delete.  If I su to root from running rxvt as user, backspace
> will not work as delete.  If I run rxvt as root backspace will not work.
> What would cause rxvt to remap the backspace just for root?
>    Anyone encountered this before?  I am searching through the mail archive
> at freebsd.org and nothing turn up yet.
>
> Yong

 Take a look at your terminal emulation setting in root's login script.

[ - deadpoint - ]

Don't underestimate the power of
stupid people in large groups.

Email: dp@penix.org & transmogrify@sympatico.ca
BIO: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org
GPG Key fingerprint: 2D7C A7E2 DB1F EA5F 8C6F D5EC 3D39 F274 4AA3E8B9
Public Key's available here: http://bling.dyn.dhs.org/texts/public.html