Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:12:11 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, mb@imp.ch
Subject:   Re: ports/31581: editors/staroffice52 cannot be installed on 4.4-STABLE

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 02:02:14PM +0200, Nevermind wrote:
> Hello, Peter Pentchev!
>
> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:40:05AM -0800, you wrote:

> >  > 	While I was trying to install StarOffice5.2 port I was able to
> >  > 	do 'make' it, but not 'make install', it outputs this (if you
> >  > 	need more info about my FreeBSD, I can give it):
> >
> >  Did you actually read the error messages and the explanatory messages? :)
> Yes, I did. I cannot see there anything I have not tried.
> Unfortunately I never had success in installing StarOffice 5.2 on my
> FreeBSD box since it appearing in ports collection. If you think that
> I'm too dumb to read this error messages, then, please, explain me, what
> is this:

No, I did not mean that you are too dumb; I was just pointing out that
the StarOffice port has a maintainer, and the error message actually
tells you to contact him in case of trouble.  When he helps you work
out the cause of your problem, and if the fix involves modifying
the port, then he will file a PR with the fix.  Before that, you should
contact him about your problems with the port, because.. well, because
he as maintainer is the person who probably knows best his way around
the port :)

G'luck,
Peter

--
You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading.