Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:02:23 -0500
From:      "Kracke, Robert R., Jr." <RRKRACKE@southernco.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Multi Homed Machine

I have a ThinkPad 755CX running FreeBSD 2.2.6 PAO.  I have configured
the 3C589 PCMCIA card on ep0 to run on my corporate network.  I have a
PCMCIA modem using tun and ppp to dial into my ISP when not at work.
Everything works great on the Corporate network, but dialing into my ISP
requires that I edit my resolv.conf.  I have to comment out the Corp DNS
info and uncomment my ISP DNS info.  Is there any way around this.  The
contents of my resolve.conf follow:

# Resolv.conf of ACEBSD1.southernco.com

# domain	southernco.com		# work domain
# nameserver	148.115.228.157	# internal nameserver
# nameserver 	148.115.232.204	# internal backup nameserver

domain 		dbtech.net		# domain of my ISP
nameserver 	204.214.208.2		# ISP nameserver
nameserver	204.214.208.3		# ISP backup nameserver
nameserver	204.71.177.33		# ns.yahoo.com (just in case my
isp can't find a name)

# End Of File

The above file is what I use when using my ISP, when using the Corp
network I comment out the dbtech section and uncomment the
southernco.com section.  Is there an easier way?

Robert R. Kracke Jr.
Southern Company
Power Coordination Center Support
SCS Information Resources - Client Services
APC-CHQ Alabama Control Center
E-mail: RRKRACKE@fake.Southernco.com
To send me e-mail remove "fake." from the above address