Date:      Sat, 16 May 2009 21:58:21 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        Christoph Langguth <christoph@rosenkeller.org>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to add support for Macbook Pro (USB) keyboard?

On Saturday 16 May 2009, Christoph Langguth wrote:
> Hi Hans Petter,
>
> I just realized after writing it that all other OS's (MacOS, Windows,
> Linux) map Fn+Enter to INS, so I guess it would be best to stick with
> that convention and not to introduce new idiosyncrasies...

=46ixed.

> and: in ukbd_apple_swap() the comments are misleading (Well actually the
> parameter name may have been misleading in the first place, since I
> guess it's scancodes, not keycodes, at that level, right? Anyway, it's
> not the "5" and "d" keys that are being swapped, but the one just left
> of the "1" (^ and =B0 on a german keyboard, ~ on the US one if i'm
> correct), and the one between the left shift and the Y/Z key (< and > on
> german kbd, not sure about US).

=46ixed.

> Finally, for curiosity, since I didn't really get how the code works:
> how do you know reliably whether to toggle the APPLE_SWAP flag? Does the
> HID descriptor give you information about that "anomaly"? (I'm just
> wondering whether it wouldn't mistakenly swap the keys on unaffected
> Apple keyboards)

I was just taking your example. I assume that Apple make the keyboards alik=
e.=20
If not we will have to adjust. I did not look too close at the HID=20
descriptor. I just assume that when the special HID item is present, which=
=20
indicates the EJECT, then it is an Apple keyboard and that it works like an=
=20
Apple keyboard.

> And... one final issue here, which is low-priority for me but would be
> the topping on the cake: CAPS lock is functioning normally, but the LED
> does not light up when engaged. Is there any way to fix this?

Can you find the bit or byte that is changing in the report which correspon=
ds=20
to the CAPS lock key? Also don't forget to print the first byte which is th=
e=20
ID byte.

=2D-HPS