Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:34:15 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        elina <elina@cloudfactory.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD for PentiumII

elina writes:
> I downloaded freeBSD and burned the installation files onto cd, but my
> computer with not recognize it as a bootable CD? What do I do?

"Files" plural, or "File" singular? The correct answer is that you want
this one file:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/4.3-install.iso

and some utility to burn that as an image of the CD (not "write the file
to the CD-R", and especially not using Direct-CD) and then it will be
bootable. That is, "bootable if your system is capable of booting from a
CDROM."

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net