Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:28:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        John <strgout@unixjunkie.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2R + ULE crash

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, John wrote:

> Well i'm kinda fly blind on the crash dump so if anyone else wants me to
> show something else just let me know.
> This happened on Day 4.5 of compiling Open Office 1.1.
> I haven't touched much of anything else on the system after the
> crash but i did have a power failure a day after the crash.
> Oh btw /usr is also nfs exported on this box and i did have a client
> using /usr at the time of the crash. (mounted via mount_nfs with no options)

Does the machine have ECC memory?

The panic location doesn't make a whole lot of sense -- its in the local
apic management code. Looks like it got passed bogus data, two 0
arguments. Frame 11 is where the original trap occured, the rest is extra
garbage.

You might contact jhb@freebsd.org about this and see what you can extract.
Considering the machine was running OK under load for several days, I'm
thinking it may have been a memory error or possible overheat-type fluke.
How well ventilated is the system? :)

Make sure you forward your original message since I'm going to chop out a
huge amound of your post for space savings.

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org