Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 09:46:35 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        eivind@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        garyj@muc.de, digitech@mmadb.no, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which port to use with isdn card?

>From the keyboard of Eivind Eklund:

> > >> CSN 2 Vendor ID: ASU1688 [0x88167506] Serial 0x00000044 Comp ID: @@@0000
> > >> [0x00000000]
> > >> CSN 2 is disabled. (Dynalink PNP probe)
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This indicates that the card was not correctly probed and was therefore
not even enabled.

What would help were an output of pnpinfo and/or fiddling around with this
card in userconfig (have the kernel compiled with "options USERCONFIG" and
having read and understood the output of "man pnp" and booting with "-c").

The problem with the old method of integrating PnP cards is, that we rely
completely on the BIOS to initialize the card as we want it in our probe
routine. In case the BIOS does not do what we expect it to do, what you
see now might occur.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77