Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:07:07 +0200
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   atausb perspectives

Hi.

At this moment we have two possible ways to support USB mass storages:
umass and atausb. First one handles USB mass storage devices as SCSI
ones by using CAM infrastructure. It is working and maintained. Second
one was made to do the same using ata(4), is reports devices as ATAPI
(in fact the same SCSI). But it is out of build since I can remember.

Looking on atausb state and ata(4) perspectives generally, I can't find
any reason for having atausb in the tree. What is the public opinion,
can we just drop it now?

--
Alexander Motin