Date:      Mon, 12 Sep 2011 10:48:00 -0400
From:      "Mike." <the.lists@mgm51.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KVM switch with FreeBSD-8.2

On 9/11/2011 at 2:28 PM Daniel Feenberg wrote:

|The problem I have heard of relates to "what happens if the machine
boots
|with the KVM switched to another machine?" The KVM may need to pretend

|there is a keyboard connected at that point.

I've used Avocent KVMs and this does not seem to be an issue with them.

Currently I have a Avocent Switchview 100 PS/2 two-port sharing the
console between FreeBSD 8.2 and OpenBSD 4.9 boxen.  No issues regarding
where the switch is pointing and which is booting.  I do not use a GUI
on either of those.