Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:56:38 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Brent Verner" <brent@rcfile.org>, <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gcc-3.2.1 and c++ headers

Your working example below compiles without error using gcc 2.95.x (FreeBSD
4.x) and gcc 3.2.x (FreeBSD 5.x), which is expected since it's compliant
C++.  (See Stroustrup's The C++ Programming Language, section 9.2.2, which
indicates that the proper way to include C++ standard library headers such
as iostream, string, etc. is using angle brackets and no dot-h.)

Be glad that the gcc maintainers have finally updated their C++ compiler to
be more standards-compliant.

I'd suggest feeding back patches to the jdk maintainer.

--
Matt Emmerton