Date:      Mon, 9 Sep 2002 10:47:27 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>
To:        Lawrence Sica <lomifeh@earthlink.net>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, <dave@jetcafe.org>, <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, Lawrence Sica wrote:

> >> I guess we can keep on calling the currently accepted scientific
> >> theory "evolution", even though that's not the correct name for it.
> >>
> >> With that in mind, the methods you use judge one theory vs. another
> >> are:
> >>
> >> 1)	Are the theories predictive?
> >
> > Evolution is not, as it relies on chance.  Chance, by definition,
> > is unpredictable.
> >

> If you take a step back far enough those random chances become very
> predicateable.  Read up on chaos theory and how randomness works.

Chaos theory itself is misnamed, and the implication that predictability
can arise from randomness is a contradiction.  If something is
predictable, it is not random, nor chaotic.  All chaos theory shows is
that what people previously assumed to be chaotic (due to our inability
to account for all the minute factors) is actually not chaotic at all.
Chaos theory is only intelligible if you introduce a controlling factor
that gets real close to sounding something like the Christian doctrine
of God's Providence.

Neal