Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 23:11:36 -0400
From:      Jud <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, "Eric" <swive@getnet.com>
Subject:   Re: TRIPLE BOOT--fbsd/w98/w2k

6/19/2002 11:43:36 PM, "Eric" <swive@getnet.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I currently have FBSd and W2K living in harmony.  I am not sure
which boot
>loader I am currently using, but it is managing fine.  I now want to add
>new partition in the beginning of my disk and install windows 98.
however,
>i am afraid i am going to wipe out freebsd--i mean make it unbootable.
i am
>using partition magic to make the new partition in the first 500mb of my
>first hard drive.
>
>searching the archives, i see some nice tricks from recovering from
mistakes
>in this kind of procedure.  however, I want to do it right from the
>beginning.  so i am inquiring now before i attempt the procedure.
>
>what is the proper way to add w98 to this os orgy?  do i need to make
a boot
>disk floppy to make sure that, if all else fails, at least the floppy can
>still boot my fbsd os?  If I do indeed need to make a boot floppy, do I
just
>use the image at
><ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.4-
RELEASE/floppies/>, or
>do I need to do something different?
>
>(ps--i also have boot magic, if that would make things easier)
>(pps--fbsd 4.4 release)
>
>thanks,
>
>eric

The FreeBSD part of things will likely be the least problematic.  Do lots
of reading at MS's web site and in Partition & Boot Magic's help files re
booting W98 with W2K.

You certainly need to find out what you're using to boot right now.  What
does your present boot screen/menu look like?

Jud