Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 15:41:00 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Undocumented tape devices in pax(1)

In message <20000507102848.A35845@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 04:39:16PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
: > OpenBSD only changed "rmt" to "rst" ("rsa" for us)
:
: Just "sa" for us -- "sa" is now a raw device and "rFOO" use is
: depreciated.

Leaving aside the 'r' question for the moment...

Should that be sa or ast?  sa is the scsi device for any tape device
(formerly st or mt), while ast is for ide/atapi based tape drives.
The wt and wst devices referenced in our man pages are just plain
bogus.  I think we've killed all ft references in the tree...

Warner