Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 2009 07:19:11 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Ankerst=E5l?= <peter@pean.org>
To:        stef@memberwebs.com
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New 7.2 compatible versions of jailutils and bsnmp-jails

On Mar 25, 2009, at 4:16 AM, Stef Walter wrote:

> Peter Ankerst=E5l wrote:
>> My knowledge about snmp is somewhat limited but I'm using cacti for =20=

>> the
>> moment.
>> Is there a simple way to use this module with cacti?
>
> My knowledge of cacti is very limited. But I imagine you could add a =20=

> new
> SNMP counter using the OID here:
>
> http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/bsnmp-jails/bsnmp-jails.8.html
>
> Or the MIB's here:
>
> http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/bsnmp-jails/JAILS-MIB.txt
>
> You can also use rrdbot-get (from the rrdbotd package) to list the
> table, and get the relevant OIDs:
>
> http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/rrdbot/rrdbot-get.1.html
>
> http://memberwebs.com/stef/software/rrdbot/rrdbot-get.1.html
>
> Sorry this isn't more helpful.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Stef

Thanks, Ive looked at the cacti-documentation page and it doesnt seem =20=

that
hard to add new data soruce when you have the OID and so on.. But I have
one question "jails.jailTable.jailEntry.jailInOctets.X" Lets say I =20
want to create
a graph for a specific jail. How do i know X and doesnt it change over =20=

time?
(lets say I add a new jail, or start them in a different order)

--
Peter Ankerst=E5l
peter@pean.org