Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 1999 22:46:42 +0300
From:      "Ertan Kucukoglu" <ertank@hotpop.com>
To:        "FreeBSD" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   link for NEW 3.3 FreBSD ISO image file (atapi cdrom bootable one)

Hello,

Today I finally finished my 3.3 FreeBSD ISO file download.
After burning CD saw that it does not boot from my cdrom.

Searched for a while and find the information about my problem
at the following link
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT

The related part is:
-----
o    The 3.3 ISO image (and 3.3 CDROM #1 from Walnut Creek CDROM)
     mysteriously fails to boot on an ATAPI CDROM device but works
     with SCSI CDROMs (on adaptors which support bootable CDs).

Fix: Either install using boot floppies (see floppies/README.TXT)
     rather than booting from the CDROM or grab the updated ISO image
     from:

       ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/

     See also the CHECKSUM.MD5 file in that directory to verify whether
     you have the "old" or new image - some mirrors may be slow
     in picking up the uncompressed and gzipped versions of the ISO 9660
     installation image.  As always, Walnut Creek CDROM will also provide
     replacement CDs (once they become available) on request to purchasers
     of the 3.3-RELEASE product.

     This problem was caused by a bug in mkisofs which we're still
     chasing but have, for now, simply worked-around.
-----

They give the link but the file is the same size with the one I downloaded.

I wonder if that file is the boot problematic one or not. CHECKSUM.MD5
file there is different names like "disc1.img" not "3.3-install.cd0". (Maybe
it is being updated at the moment I look?)

Can anybody give me the link to updated ISO image?

Regards,

Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@softhome.net