Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 02:46:19 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <andy@geek4food.org>
To:        John Holland <john@zoner.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/19180: Hylafax security patch

--------
Your message dated: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 17:32:04 EDT
>This port compiles cleanly against the patch.  However, I have no FreeBSD
>box with a fax modem available to test the functionality.  It would be
>great if someone could do that.

It does indeed, compile cleanly.

However, the built HylaFAX does not work.

It does not work when compiled against libtiff-3.5.x, because you have not
included the libtiff interfaces patch (which was produced against 4.1b2).

HylaFAX was originally built against libtiff-3.4, which is no longer
in the FreeBSD ports tree.

The interface changed sixe between libtiff 3.4 and 3.5.

Without the aforementioned patch, 'faxq' and 'faxgetty' (depending on whether
you're sending or receiving, respectively) will loop infinitely, consuming CPU
with abandon..

This is a well-known issue (it bites recent RH Linux users too). I mentioned it
in my reply to your original email.

Regards,

AS