Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:01:17 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad CD/RW

--==_Exmh_-235366154P

> On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 20:38, Michael Collette wrote:
> > BTW, any clever bits for the kernel config to get this to play?
>
> IIRC the GENERIC 4.6-RELEASE kernel worked fine.  You do need to use the
> burncd port, as with any ATAPI CDR/CDRW device on stock FreeBSD (there
> are ATAPI-CAM patches around but I'm disinclined to experiment with
> them).

Hmm. Why? They've been working perfectly for me for months[0] in -STABLE
on an Omnibook 6000 with a J. Random slimline CD-RW/DVD (provide your
own laptop caddy) from Ebay.

And they're much the same patches as were committed to -CURRENT...

BTW, atacontrol works great for the hot-swapping of devices from the
modular bays for me. Don't tend to do it often, but it's Very Useful
when you need it.

Cheers,

AS

[0] And working for other people for getting on for over a year now.

--==_Exmh_-235366154P

--==_Exmh_-235366154P--