Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 1995 17:03:57 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@newera.ab.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   iijppp questions (demand and inbound at same time)

I am trying to get ppp running on a 2.0.5 machine both for demand dial
outbound and for inbound connects from our NetBlazer.

Let me know if I am completely off base here.

I run ppp -auto in rc.local and then also try to get inbound connections
to work.  Everything outbound works no problem.  I realized that since I
had the ppp -auto process sitting there waiting that I would need a
second tunnel device for the inbound connections.  So I now have a kernel
with two tunnel devices and I have both devices created.

I had the following problems however:

Problem: On inbound connections, everything would go OK until ppp
	started.  It would try to open cuaa2 and fail.

Solution: I set the device for incoming in my ppp.conf to ttyd2 and that
	problem went away.

Problem: PPP starts up no problem, BUT if I do a "route get myrouter", it
	has tun0 listed as the tunnel device to use but iijppp is using
	tun1 (as stated in the ppp.log).

In both cases, if I reset the modem, the ppp -auto process will dial back
to the router and establish the connection, but this is an ugly way to do
things.

Please correct me if I am wrong on the following assumptions:

1-I need two tunnel devices to do this
2-I use cuaa2 for outbound and ttyd2 for inbound connections

Does anyone have any advice on how to finally get this working properly?

I can make my ppp.conf and ppp.linkup as well as some ppp.log files
available if necessary.

Thanks for any help

-Steve