Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 10:57:11 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "Ted J. Stein" <tstein@seas.upenn.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Laptops and 3com CardBus Cards

On Monday, 29 January 2001 at 23:00:07 -0500, Ted J. Stein wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	First, let me extend my sincerest apologies for my earlier message
> containing the word "subscribe". It's been at least three years since I've
> participated in any of the FreeBSD mailing lists (let alone worked with
> Majordomo at all), and I jumped the gun.
> 	That being said, I was wondering if anyone has gotten FreeBSD to install
> and run on a Dell Inspiron 5000. I include the all-important installation
> process since other operating systems have failed during install.

As has been said many times here in recent weeks, many FreeBSD
developers are using the Inspiron 5000.  It works.

> Please note: the computer is an Inspiron 5000, _not_ a 5000e.

I don't think this makes any difference.

> Any information on either subjects is greatly appreciated.

I've always had luck with NE-2000 based cards.  Specifically, I have
an AmbiCom AMB8002T and a LInkSys NP10T.  Both of these sell in the
$30-40 range.  I also have a 3Com 3C589C, but it's ancient (over 4
years old).

Greg