Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 18:30:08 -0500
From:      "Mark A. Hummel" <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   make install problem ???

I already had the kicq (icq client for KDE) in my ports directory of my
BSD drive.&nbsp; As per the handbook, I went (cd) to that directory and
ensured it did have a makefile listed.&nbsp; Then I typed <b>make install</b>
to install the port.&nbsp; It went to the web (I have a cable modem), downloaded
the required files, compiled them, installed the program, and registered
it.&nbsp; When I got my root prompt back, I went to the application starter
in KDE there it was, listed under Internet programs,&nbsp; I added it to
my program bar and clicked on it to run it.&nbsp; Nothing happened.