Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 11:05:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Justin W. Pauler" <jwpauler@jwpages.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Feature/Question

I'm BACK! Once again :P This time i'll try to keep it short, I promise...

1. FreeBSD Feature
This is something I have been wondering about for awhile and just thought
that it would be a nice feature. Its the output of 'mount'. I use it quite
often to see what filesystems are mounted. Only problem is, well it gets
kind of hard to read sometimes when you have several filesystems loaded.
At times the lines can wrap around and can get pretty long.

My suggesstion? Make the output something more like 'df'. In this scenario
you would have a column for the slice, the mount point and then
reads/writes, the file system and such. Having these multiple columns,
would clean it up quite a bit.

2. Let me re-ask this question. Has anyone heard of an OPL-SAx soundcard
driver? When I last asked this question someone said "it may be fixed by a
cvsup". Uh-uh. No go.

I have tried in the kernel just loading:

	device pcm
	device opl0

and this says, when it tries to link the kernel, something about undefined
reference to opl.o, or thereabouts. I have also tried

	device pcm
	device snd
	device opl0

and this returns that it cannot load some type of midi source (or
thereabouts). I have also tried without the 0, just 'opl' and it still
gives me a problem. Can someone share some insight on this?

3. and finally, this might have been fixed, however, I am not sure so i'll
ask anyways. Can we get the USB kernel module to load -without- the
pseudo-device ether? I have -NO- ethernet cards in my system however, I
have two usb ports. I would love to use usb without that extra
psuedo-device. (Yes I know its picky, but...)

When you attempt to use load usb, when linking the kernel it gives some
junk about undefined reference from usb_ethersubr.o that it cannot find
ether_input. This is then fixed when loading the psuedo device. Now, from
what i understand, unless you need usb ehternet support, then it shouldnt
load it right?

Anyways, these are just some things I have come across. Hope you can help.

--jwp

Justin W. Pauler
+ World Wide Web: http://www.jwpages.com/
+ E-Mail: jwpauler@jwpages.com