Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bob Fleck <bob@securesoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/42972: --with-ssl is not supported by /usr/ports/irc/bitchx makefile

>Number:         42972
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       --with-ssl is not supported by /usr/ports/irc/bitchx makefile
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD <>.com 4.7-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE #1: Mon Sep 16 00:59:00 EDT 2002     bob@<>.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MCP  i386

The ports Makefile for BitchX (/usr/ports/irc/bitchx) does not support building BitchX with SSL support.  The version of the client in the distfile does however.  Support to pass this flag should be added to the
Makefile.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I propose adding -DWITH_SSL as a make flag for the port.  This should
pass --with-ssl to the configure script.  I've tested this, but my patch
to the makefile was not clean.  If you want me to clean it up and send
diffs, drop me an email at bob@securesoftware.com