Date:      Thu, 7 Dec 2000 23:13:45 -0400
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        "tanbin" <tanbin@empworld.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: mysterious power reset (RealTek NICs)

> thanks. i will replace my RealTek NIC.
>
> but how can i track down this problem? how can be sure of the cause?
>
> this box we have been using for months. why all of a sudden we get this
> problem?

Well, I don't know what the problem is with those NICs or how to track it
down further, I presented the question to the list, and someone suggested
that they had a similar problem which was solved by replacing the realtek.
It is something that someone may want to take up with the Author of the
driver, but for all I know it could happen under other OSes as well.  Also,
you should CC messages back to the list, not only to get more feedback, but
also so others with similar problems later on will find a possible solution
in the archives.  Let me know if this is a fix:)