Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 10:41:16 -0500
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Compiling sendmail with SASL support problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile sendmail with sasl support since I have several
computers that I need to be able to send and receive email from.  I have
cyrus-imap running just fine, but right now I have to add domains with
relay permission to be able to send mail.(Bad) I would much rather use a
password based system that didn't care where you were coming from.

So anyways, when I try and compile sendmail in the
/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail directory with the command:

make SENDMAIL_CFLAGS='-DSASL=1524 -I/usr/local/include/sasl'

And I get a bunch of errors.  I noticed in the
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/src directory that it suggests you use the
'Build' script, which of course doesn't exist.

Has anyone successfully gotten sendmail compiled with sasl support?
Will sasl free me from domain-dependent relaying rules?