Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 23:44:24 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Jim Marker <jemstone@ifx.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: no route to host....

> I am running freebsd 2.2.2 on a PentPro 200.  I have the ether card
> working fine as ed2.  I have the following network locally:
> 192.168.1.1   server1  - freebsd 2.2.2
> 192.168.1.2   server2  - windows 95
> 192.168.1.3   server3  - freebsd 2.2.2
>
> Server1 is using ppp -auto for an Internet connection to a local ISP and
> is working fine.  I can get Internet access on server1 and server2.
> Server1 is also a nameserver.  I have a resolv.conf with just nameserver
> 192.168.1.1 in it.  I also have the host files setup (on both
> freebsds).
>
> My problem is when I try to ftp out of server3 to anything that is not
> local I get a "no route to host" error or a "connect:  no route to
> host."
>
> Any ideas?

Set your "defaultrouter" in /etc/rc.conf on server3 to point to
server1.  You probably already have the -alias switch (or "alias
enable yes") on ppp - otherwise server2 wouldn't be able to talk to
the outside world :-)

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;