Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2007 20:13:58 +0000
From:      John Murphy <freebsd001@freeode.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        skanduru@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Release 7.0 Beta2

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 09:36:47 -0800
"Srinivasa R Kanduru" <skanduru@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install FreeBSD 7.0 Beta2 on a dell x86 machine which
> doesn't have any PS2 ports.  The installer expects a PS2 keyboard I think.
> The USB port is disabled for some reason and it is not possible to proceed
> further in the installation process.
>
> Is this a known issue ? Does the installer doesn't recognize a USB keyboard
> ?

I was reasonably sure I used my USB keyboard when I installed 7.0-beta2,
but just to make sure I tried it and I can confirm that the installer
recognises it. I tested it at the black and white (Beasty?) menu by
pressing space and then 1, and I could select a keyboard layout in the
sysinstall menu too. I carried on little further without problems.

Can you find another keyboard to try?

--
Thanks, John.