Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 22:22:11 -0400
From:      Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: port makefile problem:  DISTFILES in multiple directories

On Wed, May 27, 1998 at 12:40:49PM -0400, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> MASTER_SITES=	ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/infocom/compilers/inform6/source \
> 		ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/infocom/compilers/inform6/library \
> 		etc
> DISTFILES=	inform615_source.zip inform_library67.tar.gz etc.
>
> Obviously, some fetches will fail, because the MASTER_SITE and DISTFILE
> will not correspond.  Oh well.  That's standard procedure for getting two
> files from two different servers, so I don't think it's that big of a deal
> to do the same thing for two directories on the same server.

But I need to get 8 files from 4 different directories.  That means
that there will be an absolute minimum of 6 failures (in my case the
best I can do is 7 failures).  I find that 'solution' unacceptable and
dismissed it immediately.

Before I did that I'd go through the effort to repackage the stuff and
make my own tarball.

--
Dave Chapeskie <dchapes@ddm.on.ca>, DDM Consulting