Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:44:07 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3c574 nic questoins

In message <85256960.005E1D69.00@ams-central-gate-5a.amsinc.com> Ben_Calvert@amsinc.com writes:
: i think i've finally located a supported pcmcia nic, but now i need help
: configuring it...

The 574 is supported.  I don't have one personally, but Matt Dodd does.

: i think i should use ep0 for this one, and i've copied the settings out of the
: book and recompiled the kernel, and used visual config to make sure the irq's
: aren't conflicting, but it still doesn't seem to be working...

Yes.

: is this because the pcmcia initilization takes place _after_ the network start
: ep0 command?  i notice that my linux install does this in the opposit order
: (infact, card services does the network start itself after initializing the
: cards)

That's because FreeBSD does things from userland, with huge delays
right now.  You need to setup things properly for it to work.  Since
you've not included details about how you set them up now, I can't
tell you what's wrong.

Warner