Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:26:43 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Dark-MiXer <coder@worldwidewhat.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clock problems [fixed len]

Dark-MiXer wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Im having problems with the clock on my FreeBSD 5.1-Release, and as a
>newbie in that area I dont have a clue on what could be wrong.
>
>The problem is, that it count too fast. It seem like it's counting 2
>times the speed it should.
>
>The FreeBSD is running on an old Gigabyte GA-5AX motherboard with a
>AMD K6-400 processor.
>Motherboard settings:
>CPU    100Hz
>AGP    66Hz
>
>Hope you can give me some hints on what might be done to get the clock
>back to normal.
>I forgot to mention that it have been like this since I installed it.
>

>Thanks in advance
>Lars aka Dark-MiXer
>
>P.S. Sorry for the long line mail.

Perhaps an ACPI issue:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-March/040678.html

(Sorry for the long link ;-)  )

On a related note, the 'water is much better' in 5.2.1 --- OTOH,
you may wish to suffer just a little longer until 5.3 comes around
1 October ... ( /me can hardly wait!)

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.