Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 15:32:35 -0500
From:      "James F. Hranicky" <jfh@cise.ufl.edu>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NFS ACLs? (was Re: First round review request, ACLs for UFS commit)

Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Are there plans for adding support for ACLs in the FreeBSD NFS
implementation? Are there issues that need to be addressed to
ensure interoperability with other OSs' implementations?

If I could find any kind of spec for ACLs over NFS, this might be a
fun project to tinker with in my "copious spare time" , but I've had
a devil of a time finding any good docs...the POSIX drafts don't seem
to mention NFS specifically, and I haven't found anything else since
the last time I talked to you a few months back...perhaps I'm still not
looking in the right place?

| Jim Hranicky, Senior SysAdmin                   UF/CISE Department |
| E314D CSE Building                            Phone (352) 392-1499 |
| jfh@cise.ufl.edu                      http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~jfh |