Date:      Thu, 31 May 2001 12:00:52 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Tony Wells" <awells@journalstar.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Compiling sendmail with SASL support problem

download the newest source from sendmail.org and extract it into a temp
directory. Once that is finished you will want to create;

> pwd
/$tempdir/sendmail-8.11.3/devtools/Site
> more site.config.m4
APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DSASL=1')
APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_LIBS', `-lsasl')
APPENDDEF(`confLIBDIRS', `-L/usr/local/lib')
APPENDDEF(`confINCDIRS', `-I/usr/include/sasl')

jump back to the base dir and do a ./Build . after u'll want to do a make
and  make install.

After you've succesffuly recompiled sendmail with SASL support you will need
compile the sendmail.cf with the sasl support. Do do this you will need a
.mc file similar to the below.

> pwd
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/cf
> more site-sasl.mc
divert(-1)
#

divert(0)dnl
VERSIONID(`$Id: site-sasl.mc,v 8.10 1999/02/07 07:26:02 gshapiro Exp $')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
FEATURE(use_cw_file)
FEATURE(relay_based_on_MX)
FEATURE(mailertable)
FEATURE(access_db)
FEATURE(virtusertable)
FEATURE(blacklist_recipients)
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `PLAIN LOGIN')dnl
define(`confDEF_AUTH_INFO', `/etc/mail/auth/auth-info')dnl
FEATURE(`no_default_msa')dnl turn off default entry for MSA
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=25, Name=MTA, M=E')dnl

if you get lost anywhere on the way just email me back