Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:10:45 -0600
From:      kitsune <kitbsdlists@HotPOP.com>
To:        Quinn Ellis <Quinn1@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New Motherboard

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:42:31 +1000
Quinn Ellis <Quinn1@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I recently purchased a new motherboard for my computer (epox 8rda+), and
> being that I am just learning how to use FreeBSD, didn't think about the
> necessary changes to fstab.
>
> FreeBSD asks when it's booting for the root partition or something, and
> would like me to enter it in manually.
>
> How do I go about finding out the address I'm meant to give it.  Any help /
> articles on this matter would be appreciated.

If ye are just using the on board ide, check to see if ye have it hooked up the same as it previously was.

If that does not work then just enter the / partion manually and proccded to edit fstab. Iirc, the default for / is s1a if freebsd is the only thing on that drive. Thus ye could just go thought trying that with various devices such as /dev/ad0, /dev/ad1 and ect...

or try looking to see what drives up when it is booting...