Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 1998 00:12:01 -0000
From:      "Christopher Raven" <gurab@lineone.net>
To:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3C509 card ok

> Problem is solved - I changed the motherboard for another I had
lying
> around and it found the card no problems   B¬)

That's quite odd.  Did the troublesome board in question happen to
have
PCI slots?

The board is a 2 year old "Made in the USA" HX chipset board, with
American Megatrends "AmiBios", 4 x PCI and 4 X ISA slots, also 6 x
SIMM slots. Can't find the manual just now so thats all I can
remember.

The board I used to replace it was the previously mentioned Micronics
"Twister" baby AT which seems to be working just fine.

Chris R.