Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:52:33 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        mark@slingo.nq.nu
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lucent win modems and others, why not commit ?

At 28/06/2001, you wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:13, you wrote:
> > I see that there is a working solution for this wonderfull piece of
> > hardware :-)
> > http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/
> >
> > Is possible that someone with commit privileges take care of this and
> > arrange a viable solution (a port, a contrib etc etc ) that not obliged the
> > "normal" user us to make the steps over and over every srcs update ?
>
>I didn't find it very difficult. All I did was
>
>cp ltmdm.ko /modules
>./ltmdm_makedev.sh
>/sbin/kldload ltmdm.ko
>
>I then reconfigured ppp.conf and all worked. Adding the kldload to
>/etc/rc.local eased the pain on next boot.

This is ok, but I'd like to see this hardware driver more supported and
perhaps keep in sync with our src tree. I really don't know if it continues
to work if something in the kernel changes.

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it