Date:      Sat, 16 Oct 1999 02:04:23 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?B?Sm9lbCBCavZyaw==?= <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <whitehat@home.com>
Subject:   SV: bootloader

----- Original Message -----=20

> Ok, for the moment I must erase FreeBSD off my system (sadly) so I
> wanted to know how I could safely do that.  Do I just delete the =
freebsd
> partition? Will that automaticly uninstall the FreeBSD bootloader as
> well? I want the bootloader and freebsd gone for now, until I get a
> better computer with more space.  Your response is appreciated.
>=20

to get rid of the bootloader you can simply do:

fdisk /mbr

from within an DOS prompt

to reclaim the space (I assume that you're running windows as the other =
OS) launch win98 in to DOS mode and delete the non DOS partition it will =
report, just go ahead with fdisk as normal to create the extended =
partition after that.

Another solution is to run a thirdparty software such as Partition =
magic, this will allow you to extend any DOS partitions you already have =
instead of creating a new.

//Joel